INK SLINGER HAS MOVED

This blog has moved to Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger. It became too hard to mirror to this site. Lots of glitches and such. I don't do much to maintain this site anymore so if you're wondering why things might look a bit wonky, that would be it.

If you've navigated here and discovered this dead blog, using the "Subscribe via email" feature in the sidebar will subscribe you to the new site feed, so that's a plus. ;)

An RSS feed of the new site is embedded below.

I hope you'll join me at my new home!

RSS Feed of the new site: Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's NaNoWriMo time!


So who's in with me?

This year's NaNoWriMo is going to be especially tough on me. My husband is leaving the country for six months in eleven days time so I won't get much writing done until then (I'll get some done, but most of my time will be spent in much needed quality family time).  I'll have to play catch up and the only thing I've got going for me is that I'm rewriting work I've already started. Cheating?  Maybe.  But it's the same thing I've been working on these last few months and I'm starting over as I wasn't happy with the tone.  It was too girly and I wanted more dark and gritty. But it is useful and will likely be the only reason I manage to make 50k words by the end of the month.

My goal is not to complete the WIP. My goal is to get back to writing like I was only a short couple months ago.  And having something like NaNoWriMo to get me over the hump is just what I need. Massive amounts of people working towards the same 50k goal is quite motivating.

Now if only I could live without the distraction of internet and e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment