INK SLINGER HAS MOVED

This blog has moved to Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger. It became too hard to mirror to this site. Lots of glitches and such. I don't do much to maintain this site anymore so if you're wondering why things might look a bit wonky, that would be it.

If you've navigated here and discovered this dead blog, using the "Subscribe via email" feature in the sidebar will subscribe you to the new site feed, so that's a plus. ;)

An RSS feed of the new site is embedded below.

I hope you'll join me at my new home!

RSS Feed of the new site: Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trying to write more


I'm slow.  I'm actually way too slow.  I'm easily distracted by my life which makes writing incredibly difficult.  I have two kids, I'm back in school despite already having a degree, I moderate a listserve and a few other boring things I won't mention.

That leaves me pulled in a lot of directions.  I haven't posted on here in a week simply because I have to get some control over things.  I need to make time to write my ms.


I'm quite disappointed in myself.  I honestly thought I'd be finished by now.  So finish, I must.  I #amwriting, are you?

3 comments:

  1. First I have to gush. Your blog rocks! Love the background, the set up, everything. Puts my blog to shame for sure! Secondly, love the blog title name "Ink Slinger" wow... brilliance on it's own.... At times I wish I was that creative, but I can appreciate others holding the creativity.

    That being said, I, like you, have found it very hard to write lately. It seems I'm blocked by the daily inner workings in my brain. The stress of live has taken hold and I haven't been able to catch up. I'm hoping it eases up over the next few weeks!! Even if I'm just writing some fun poems in lieu of Valentine's Day.

    Feel free to stop by neck of the woods! I'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say. I got the templates for both of my blogs from www.splashytemplates.com, although I'd hardly say it puts yours to shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like the name of your blog! It puts nice images in my head! It's very fun!

    I'm a full time student - I really can't imagine dealing with school and having kids at the same time. I'm stressed out enough with school on it's own. You rock!

    ReplyDelete