INK SLINGER HAS MOVED

This blog has moved to Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger. It became too hard to mirror to this site. Lots of glitches and such. I don't do much to maintain this site anymore so if you're wondering why things might look a bit wonky, that would be it.

If you've navigated here and discovered this dead blog, using the "Subscribe via email" feature in the sidebar will subscribe you to the new site feed, so that's a plus. ;)

An RSS feed of the new site is embedded below.

I hope you'll join me at my new home!

RSS Feed of the new site: Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cheryl Murphy Writes



Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:00 AM PST
I mentioned before how I’ve been listening to a bunch of podcasts. Lists seem to be loved by all so I thought I’d give you my current list of must-listen podcasts for writers. Some are still active, some aren’t but are worth listening to anyway.
My faves:
Writing Excuses – I love this podcast. I basically live for Mondays.
Nerdist Writer’s Panel – TV writers. I haven’t written any scripts but probably will and I’m a TV geek. Living in L.A. also leaves me with no other choice but to eventually write some spec scripts or they’ll kick me out.
Odyssey SF/F Writing Workshop Podcasts – Since the odds of going to the workshop are pretty slim for the majority of us, this is the next best thing.
Grammar Girl – We all know why we need her.
The Once & Future – Mostly for readers but occasionally has episodes for writers.
I Should Be Writing – Mur Lafferty to the rescue!
Wordplay: Helping Writers Become Authors - Always a good tip or two to be found.
Others you might be interested in but I haven’t listened to enough to put them with the above list:
The Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy (no longer active)
The Writing Show with Paula B.
The Secrets Podcast for Writers
Authors Access
And I also listen to some that are just great to get ideas from:
The Paracast
Startalk
Laughing Historically
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
If you have any you’d like to add, feel free to comment. I’d love to find some new ones to add to my lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment