INK SLINGER HAS MOVED

This blog has moved to Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger. It became too hard to mirror to this site. Lots of glitches and such. I don't do much to maintain this site anymore so if you're wondering why things might look a bit wonky, that would be it.

If you've navigated here and discovered this dead blog, using the "Subscribe via email" feature in the sidebar will subscribe you to the new site feed, so that's a plus. ;)

An RSS feed of the new site is embedded below.

I hope you'll join me at my new home!

RSS Feed of the new site: Cheryl Murphy Writes: Chronicles of an Ink Slinger

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Off to See the Tax Man


MySpace Graphics
Tax day.  I dread this day.  It never really turns out bad but that doesn't stop me from despising it just in case.  A few times it hasn't gone as well as I would have liked and today was definitely one of them.  Not horrible, but most certainly not great.  So today's despising was appropriate.  It certainly wasn't worth the lack of sleep to prepare for the appointment.

It might not have gone so bad if I actually got paid to write.  Those deductions would have helped greatly.  Maybe someday...


Yesterday's determination to not be distracted worked out okay.  As everything else lately, not great but not horrible.  I did manage to finish the first draft of chapter 3 so that was nice.  However, today will be nothing but distractions and I'm a bit thankful.  I'm tired and who writes well when tired?

I'm going to the Wiltern tonight with my husband and a friend (we'll call him "Ike") to see Buddy Miller and Patty Griffin.  Very exciting.  Ike happens to be a vegan so we will be going to Real Food Daily beforehand for dinner and I'm rather excited about that, too.  I'm not vegan and to be honest, I've never been to a vegan restaurant.   Shocking, I know.   I think I may be the only resident of SoCal never to have been to a vegan eatery.  But that changes tonight.  Real Food Daily is going to pop that cherry.

Reading this post over again, I realize how unimaginative it is and quite frankly boring and disjointed but hey, I'm not going to change it because it's a nice little snapshot of just how bad it can get when I haven't had enough sleep in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment